“A splendid combination of almonds and chocolate.”
They say on the face.
Actually yes, they are.
This is face of ALMOND.
ALMOND is oval shape, almonds coating with chocolate.
The back side is this.
They are particular about sorting nuts.
They established strict standards more strict than standards of U.S.D.A. in sorting nuts.
I search how strict the standard of U.S.D.A. is.
* US Fancy : The highest grade, typically appropriate for products where the visual appeal of the almond is critical to the application.
* US Extra No.1 : Similar to US Fancy, ideals for food applications where the appearance of the almond is very important.
* US No.1 : Typically used for whole almond applications or for further processing such as blanching and roasting.
* US Select Sheller Run : Mid quality grade.
* US Standard Sheller Run : Good grade for further processing such as blanching dicing grinding, or paste, particularly where a higher level of split and broken kernels is not a concern.
It looks the standard is especially particular about shape.
Let’s taste one.
There is 20 pieces of chocolate in 1 box.
Looks so nice!
When I cut the chocolate, there is good shape of almond.
That’s great as expected!
And taste nice!
Both are not beaten each other.
Exactly “A splendid combination of almonds and chocolate.”!!
-Nutrition facts (per 88g (1 box))
Soybean is also included.
Name: ALMOND “アーモンド”
Price： 213 JPY
Where you can buy: Grocery store, convenience store etc.
[as of Oct 2015]
BTW, here is TV commercial of ALMOND in 1980’s.
This have an old atmosphere.